Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Farewell to a fantastic weekend.

This past long weekend our town celebrated a reunion that happens every ten years. It was huge and the list of activities went on and on. Nana came up for the weekend so Mike and I could enjoy some of the night time festivities. The biggest event of the weekend was the Sunday night "shirtail parade". Now this being our 'first' we didn't really know what to expect. We very quickly discovered that it was an anything goes parade...literally. Mike and I were both wearing...clothes...and we were VERY overdressed. People were giving us a hard time because we were dressed. It was crazy. Most of the outfits consisted of duct tape, string and beer boxes. Yes, you can only imagine how many bare butts I saw that night. People were dragging wagons with coolers filled with their nights supply of beverages, some were even pushing baby strollers filled with refreshments. Fireworks were being let off all around us. There were thousands of people there. It was so much fun. The next time this reunion happens Cameron will be 19 and I am sure he will be participating in the weekend events....how scary is that.

Here are some 'family' pictures of the weekend.

Stunt man Cam breaking all the rules. It just looked like too much fun so what the hell...me and Avery decided to join in. This was Avery's first ever jump off the pier.
Avery and Isaac enjoy a ride together.....although I don't think daddy enjoyed pushing to much.

Hangin' out at the beach.