Well I am still here. Got a call yesterday afternoon saying that the paperwork has not been received so I could go ahead but wait about seven days in Vietnam till I can get Isaac or postpone the flight which is what I decided to do. We are now scheduled to leave December 18th, returning January 11. To be honest I feel much better about the new date. I was sooo stressed last week because of the missing documents that I couldn't even get excited about the trip. Now I don't need to worry about that and can focus on meeting my new son.
On another note..
We celebrated Christmas with my Mom and Grandma on the 7th. It was a lot of fun and the kids got spoiled.
Avery with her new dog Chestnut.
Mary, Fiona, Cameron and Avery.....cousins.
And then we had our Christmas on the 9th (since I was supposed to be leaving on the 11th)
Cam got a new snowboard. He was very excited. We went out that afternoon so he could try it out. It amazes me how kids can get on those things without any fear and just go. By his second run down the hill he had the thing figured out.
Avery got a very sweet new pair of cowboy boots, a hair streaking kit that turns your hair blue and pink and a remote control snake...yes you read right...a remote control snake.
We had a good time. It was kind of nice celebrating Christmas before Christmas and at least I was able to enjoy watching them open gifts since I am going to miss Santa.