Friday, December 21, 2007

Gotcha Day!!

Hi to everyone from Vietnam! After a 34 hour journey we made it here safe and sound...although I don't think my butt cheeks will never recover. So sorry I haven't posted earlier. We arrive in Ho Chi Minh City yesterday (Thursday) at 10:30am (10:30 pm Wednesday for you folks) and got to the hotel by 2pm. The traffic is mental here. Thousand of people on motorcycles and they are everywhere. There are apparently no rules of the road in Vietnam. Anyway I tried to post yesterday by nana's laptop blew up so that was a no go and I was just too tired to go looking for an Internet cafe. I was in bed sound asleep by 6pm. Our guide from the adoption agency said that we wouldn't be getting the babies till Monday so I went to bed knowing that I had three whole days to rest up for the big day. Well at 7am this morning (Friday) she called us and said she would be picking us up in 1 hour to go get the babies. I thought I was going to be sick with excitement!!!!!!

It was a five hour drive from hell to Tra Vinh, the province where Isaac is from. We arrived at the orphanage and were allowed an fifteen minute visit with the babies before heading off the the Ministry of Justice to sign the paperwork. When I walked in the door of the orphanage Isaac's nounou was holding him and the was so little. I couldn't believe how tiny he was...and beautiful. He has the biggest black eyes that you could just fall into. The nounou gave him too me and I thought my knees were going to give out. He snuggled right into my neck, kind of like he was just waiting for the moment he could do that. It was a perfect moment.

Well I would love to go on and on but I am completely exhausted beyond belief so I will have to save the rest till tomorrow. I will do my best to add some pictures too...if I can figure it out on this computer.

Till then.....Kellie & Isaac